For one of our clients in the medical devices industry we are actively looking for a
Head of Artificial Intelligence
The ideal candidate is eqipped with a background in medical image processing and already has at least 10 years of experience in machine learning
Your tasks as Head of Artificial Intelligence
- Contribute to and lead the development of growth strategies for Artifical Intelligence related applications/products
- Design AI/ML and Analytics roadmaps (with internal and external partners), identify new AI applications and help evaluating their business potential
- Design, build and evaluate AI/ML systems that solve difficult problems in the healthcare field
- Oversee and coordinate all AI related activities and projects, provide technical guidance to our internal AI team
- Oversee and coordinate data management for AI/ML applications
- Serve as a thought leader and engage with the external AI and ML (machine learning) community including identifying, setting-up and growing strategic partnerships with universities, research institutes and start-ups
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Scientists, and Product Managers to design and run experiments, including designing and evaluating new algorithms as well as implementing known algorithms
- Master of Science or Ph.D. in computer science or a related discipline
- At least 8+ years of strong experience in AI/ML; demonstrated experience in driving Artificial Intelligence strategy, preferably in a healthcare related environment; entrepreneurial attitude
- Knowledge of complex healthcare systems and requirements; Experience with digital health solutions and healthcare data analytics; Publication track record in machine learning conferences and/or journals; Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization; Good knowledge of algorithm design; Experience in applying AI/ML to real world problems; Strong expertise in reinforcement learning and/or deep learning
- Highly flexible and used to international travel, up to 25% international travel
Step out of your comfort zone,excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all,behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
Responsible for Carl Zeiss Meditec’s overall vision in Artificial Intelligence (AI),associated with the ZEISS Health Ecosystem,where ZEISS,our customers,patients and other partners can interact via our products and services. This role reports to the Head of ZEISS Health Ecosystem and will oversee all AI related product development efforts.
The primary task is to contribute to and lead the development of growth strategies for Artificial Intelligence and to build a roadmap (with internal and external partners) to enhance our products in the medical field,leveraging market insights and market analysis. The Head of Artificial Intelligence will identify new AI applications and will help evaluating their business potential. The incumbent will oversee all AI related activities and projects and will provide technical guidance to our internal AI team. He or she will serve as a thought leader,understand the competitive landscape,and will engage with the external AI and ML (machine learning) community including identifying,setting-up and growing strategic partnerships with universities,research institutes and start-ups. This role requires a deep understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning,neural networks and data analytics.
This is a highly visible role throughout the company that requires a mix of technical and strategic knowhow as well as the ability to work closely with different teams (software engineers,R&D engineers,product managers) and across different locations. Since ZEISS is a company active in the field of medical technology,the applicant should have a good understanding of the (clinical) applications that will be supported through AI and should burn for making a lasting impact in healthcare through the application of AI.
Permanent employment | DE-85748, Garching bei München | 90,000 to 140,000 Euro
Due to the continuation of our services under GULP Information Services GmbH (GIS) starting January 2021, your personal data concerning with regards to your application will be processed by eSAR GmbH as well as GIS as officials. This happens once you click the "apply now" button below.
Furthermore, you confirm to have taken note of the privacy statements of eSAR GmbH as well as GIS including all further information regarding the processing of your data and your rights on this matter.